Interviewing candidates can be an interesting process, gaining better insights into their skills, experience, and their personality. But what happens when the interview takes an unusual turn? Do you keep calm and carry on?
This month, we’re looking at some of the more bizarre job interviews that left perspective employers….well, a little speechless at best!
1) “A job applicant came in with 3 bags of grocery shopping and no word of apology or explanation.”
2) “I once had a candidate stare at me for extended periods of time, we’re talking several minutes.”
3) “An applicant’s friend that had been waiting outside came in and asked, ‘How much longer?'”
4) “I asked what their hobbies and interests were, and received a very unusual responses ‘naked bushwalking’.”
5) “I had a candidate clip her fingernails while we were speaking.”
6) “An applicant said she was a ‘people person,’ not a ‘numbers person,’ – this was for an accounting position.”
7) “I was interviewing someone who took a call on their mobile, and carried on the conversation for more than two minutes.”
8) “Someone applying for a job hugged me at the end of the interview.”
9) “I had someone eat all the candy from the candy bowl while trying to answer questions.”
10) “A candidate complained that she was hot. She then said ‘Excuse me’ and removed her socks. After placing them on the desk, she continued as if everything was normal.”
Do you have an interesting story you can share. We’re love to hear back.